Neverwinter Forest wasting time on climbing hills
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She was fuming a little, but tried to listen. Mother always practiced good listening and it was something Ibis had to cultivate as a skill during her scouting missions, but it was hard to listen to this boy go off; none of it made sense. What part of Ibis' revulsion had to do with truth? She did not doubt the things he spoke of, she just didn't want to hear about it. It was gross. It made her uncomfortable. The girl took a breath, trying to steady her nerves so that she could face him and his unruly emotions; you'd think that someone as emotional as Ibis would have a handle on that kind of stuff, but she was feeling out of her depth.

Mali, no I — I didn't mean it like that, she tried to explain. I believe you, I do. Absolutely. Its just... So dark, and gross, and, well, I don't know what to do with that information. How could she possibly help him see that the world wasn't an abyss of blood, murder, and darkness? Ibis had never experienced any of that herself and could not empathize - and she hoped it would never affect her, even if that was a naive thing to hope.

He was emotional, and angry, and Ibis didn't know how to counter that. She didn't want to stop him from feeling what he was feeling, nor did she want to offer corrections - it wasn't her place to step on his beliefs or try to fix him. So she went quiet, and as her posture slackened in to some crescent of defeat and worry, Ibis murmured: I'm sorry for whatever happened to you. I don't... I don't know what to say.
Messages In This Thread
wasting time on climbing hills - by Ibis (Ghost) - June 30, 2019, 04:04 PM
RE: wasting time on climbing hills - by Mal - June 30, 2019, 09:00 PM
RE: wasting time on climbing hills - by Ibis (Ghost) - July 03, 2019, 06:55 PM
RE: wasting time on climbing hills - by Mal - July 04, 2019, 11:14 PM
RE: wasting time on climbing hills - by Ibis (Ghost) - July 04, 2019, 11:59 PM
RE: wasting time on climbing hills - by Mal - July 05, 2019, 01:00 AM
RE: wasting time on climbing hills - by Ibis (Ghost) - July 05, 2019, 01:09 AM
RE: wasting time on climbing hills - by Mal - July 05, 2019, 02:50 AM
RE: wasting time on climbing hills - by Ibis (Ghost) - July 05, 2019, 02:30 PM
RE: wasting time on climbing hills - by Mal - July 05, 2019, 02:47 PM
RE: wasting time on climbing hills - by Ibis (Ghost) - July 05, 2019, 03:25 PM