Wheeling Gull Isle xviiii. letting your guard down is honourable
57 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Seeing her look at him with such joy made his heart pick up speed and beat irregularly against his rib cage. He would literally do anything to ensure that she was always that happy; she deserved it more than anyone. He returned her affection with a nuzzle to her cheek, lingering to draw her scent deep into his lungs. No apology needed, he said softly as he pulled away to look into her face. I just miss you when you're not near.

Concern flickered across his face as she mentioned her lack of sleep. He knew what kinds of terror plagued her past, even without knowing all the infuriating details, and he wouldn't be surprised if they plagued her dreams, as well. Maybe she was stressed with all she had taken on? That was something he would happily help with. 

And if he had known what memory was currently at the front of her mind, his stomach would have tightened and his gaze would have heated much like the day he first saw her. He, too, remembered that day well. He remembered her beauty grabbing his attention almost immediately, but it was more than just an attraction; something inside her had called to the deepest parts of his soul, and he knew then that she was his. And then she had met his gaze, and his heart had stopped and then suddenly pounded in his chest. It had taken everything in him to keep from parting that sea of bodies and closing the distance between them. But, he had resisted that time and every other time after, dying a little each day as he watched her from the shadows.

She looked away and started speaking before he could ask what was interrupting her sleep. When she suggested that they explore a hidden cove, he smiled, concern momentarily on hold. I would love nothing more, he said first. Lead the way, Daeg added, dipping his head. Then, a little more seriously, he added: Maybe, on the way, you can tell me what keeps you from sleep?
Common || Lirean
Messages In This Thread
RE: xviiii. letting your guard down is honourable - by Daegon - August 06, 2019, 12:59 AM