Coconut Grove I had this dream where I relished the fray
3 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The waves lapped quietly against the shore, lacking their usual vigor under a crescent moon that hung lazily in the cloudless sky. There was little breeze, so it was a surprisingly quiet night on the beach and the young wolf could hear her own footsteps over the pulsing hush from the water as it withdrew from the sandy beaches. The oceanside had always made her believe that it was along the shore that the stormy waters drew their breath, inhaling and exhaling as they ebbed and flowed in an unstoppable, never-ending cycle. On this night, peaceful as it was, it was as though the ocean itself was sleeping, and its breaths were quiet and shallow, allowing a dreamy calm to fall over the grove. This close to the water's edge, walking only inches away from where the water reached, Aelon-Feyr very much tip-toed along the border of land and water, but keen as she was, she did not miss the scent of wolf urine not far from where she walked. 

It drew her away from the water's edge, knowing that a wolf pack could never completely maintain their borders all the way to the water's edge, as the tide would surely pull in and sweep fresh markings away whenever it pleased. But beyond the beach where the grass grew in stiff, sparse strands, their markings lay untouched by the salty sea, and she decided, then, to veer away from her former path along the ocean's lip. To tread there would mean that she might be trespassing- and she was not interested whatsoever in chancing such a thing. She was an intelligent creature, and knew better than to cross a pack's borders, even in the middle of the night, and even when she could have argued that the oceanside could never completely be claimed. Had the wind been stronger, the salty fumes might have covered the scent of wolf markings that came from just a bit further inland, and she might have convincingly been able to pardon herself for trespassing due to the fact that a beach would never sustain scent markings. 

Still, she wanted to continue on her path along the seaside, so she settled for taking a detour around the newly established borders, deciding that she would continue along the seaside once the borders led her back to the beach. She'd come across seaside packs before, and had employed this strategy whenever possible. She liked the idea of living near the ocean- she'd been born on a small island, after all, and had learned to fish for salmon like other coastal wolves. So the wolves who claimed this area couldn't be half bad, if they'd chosen to make their home here. She entertained the idea that it might be nice, should she meet one while meandering along their borders- so long as they were as friendly as the gentle breeze was that night.
Messages In This Thread
I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Aelon-Feyr - August 28, 2019, 12:26 AM
RE: I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Bat - August 28, 2019, 09:18 PM
RE: I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Bat - August 29, 2019, 10:14 AM