Coconut Grove I had this dream where I relished the fray
3 Posts
Ooc —
There was an alluring scent to the area, caused possibly by the fronds of the trees that swayed gently on the breeze in combination with the fresh sea air. She'd always enjoyed the scent of the shore, unless of course the tide brought in the carcass of some bloated sea creature. She'd stumbled upon such a thing more than once, and had learned quickly just how much the smell could carry, and how far it would. Here, though, the beaches were clean- not too much seaweed to add that sort of briney-plant smell, leaving the beaches unblemished and pristine. What she could smell, above everything else, was the borders which had been marked- and the scent of a female nearby. 

It didn't take long for Aelon-Feyr to be noticed, and though her sharp, clever gaze had been cast this way and that in search of any patrolling the borders, she didn't watch for any figures laying nearby. It seemed to her a slightly unusual thing to do, and she heard the woman's loud but friendly voice before she heard her. She pinpointed the female's location easily; even in the shade of the trees, her mottled pelt set her apart from the rest of the scenery, and Aelon smiled gently at the greeting. She was being thanked- so she bowed her head in response and paused, turning to face in toward the claimed packlands, though she didn't make herself too comfortable yet. The greeting was a show of appreciation, not necessarily an invitation...But she couldn't help but feel slightly welcomed by the female's sunny features. 

She opened her mouth to respond, but then noticed that the female had something between her forelegs- at first, she assumed it might be a recent kill, but when she took a second look, she noticed that it wasn't an animal- but the leftovers of a coconut which had been opened and pulled apart. She smiled and laughed softly, and reset her train of thought back to what it had originally been. "Thanks for noticing," She said, with an amiable flick of her tail. She looked down at the coconut shell again, and her curiosity was yet again piqued. "D'you actually eat those?" She asked. It was quite a feat to even pry a coconut open- they were encased in a tough green outer coating that had to be pried open and peeled back, and even then, on the inside, was the hard, brown, hairy shell to break through. She'd done it, though- or she'd found it, already split open by a fall, and had helped herself to its contents.

No sooner had she spoken her friendly question when another female approached- perhaps this was the one she'd scented earlier, as her markings were all over the area. She was a slim creature, dark grey in colour with some unusual but distinct bands around her forelegs, and a saddle of the same, lighter grey shade along her back. The most distinct trait she possessed was the size of her ears, which gave her an inquisitive look. Aelon dipped her head in greeting, feeling suddenly a bit more shy of this new greeter; she sensed she might hold more authority, given the fact that she'd offered a more formal greeting. "I'm Aelon-Feyr," She said. "Nice to meet you, Bat and Tristan," She said, gesturing to the female with the coconut, assuming that that was who Bat had referenced. She also assumed that the two might be together, given that Tristan had been introduced as Bat's 'sidepiece,' which wasn't a new concept to Aelon, so she accepted the idea without a second thought. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Bat - August 28, 2019, 09:18 PM
RE: I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Aelon-Feyr - August 28, 2019, 09:22 PM
RE: I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Bat - August 29, 2019, 10:14 AM