Neverwinter Forest i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Perhaps the call was not meant for him, he didn't really care. Merrit would be the one to decide that. For once he had a clear ambition, an end by the name of Caiaphas -- and if that was not a mark of a wolf-hunter, then what was?

He did not know if the boy meant the witch, but that hardly deterred him. Through the trees now, he could hear the low cadence of conversation; murmurs, and then, words. He recognized the female -- how could he forget -- the Queen of Moonspear drawled her sentence closed, and the boy began to speak -- words that brought a shiver of dread and cold anticipation.

The witch was here.

Merrit peeled from the shadows and stepped where the conspirers could see him - a gutsy move, perhaps, but he would deal with the consequences if they came. He doubted they would. The boy had called for him, even if he had not known he had called from him, hadn't he? He turned his watch to the Queen, and tipped his head. "Hydra," he offered, and procured a like gesture to the speckled boy. Amicable, proper. Such a contrast to the bitterness that ran within his breath. "I hunt the hag, too," for the boy was right. There were more after the witch, and he would gladly reveal himself to stand within that number. "That witch tried to kill my sister. I will not rest until she is dead."

In a way, he desired to take her himself. To destroy her, with the touch of his own fangs. But if she died by the tooth and claw of another, that end was just as well.
with quiet words I'll lead you in
Messages In This Thread
i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Hydra - November 08, 2019, 03:56 PM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Mal - November 09, 2019, 04:46 PM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Ceilidh - November 09, 2019, 05:32 PM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Hydra - November 11, 2019, 09:26 AM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Mal - November 11, 2019, 10:58 PM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Merrit - November 12, 2019, 11:00 PM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Hydra - November 25, 2019, 11:25 AM
RE: i will deliver; you know i'm a forgiver - by Mal - December 11, 2019, 02:53 AM