Stone Circle When the sun sets
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook hit the air with the bark of a laugh. Nieces and nephews! Of course she would ask; Arlette was definitely a daughter of her mother, no question there. "Nice to meet you too," the warrior teased through a bemused grin, "But no, we don't have any kids. Val was always the powerhouse there. Anyway, I had enough on my paws caring for your older siblings and the rest of the pack that I never felt the need to have any kids of my own." And when she and Siarut had met, and finally decided to consumate their marriage, breeding season was already well behind them. Not such a bad thing. Siarut had been able to heal from his emotional wounds without the worry of children on the way, and Nanook wouldn't change that.

Nanook couldn't help the genuine light that flooded her when Arlette began to speak of her interested; her ears perked forward, and a wide smile spread across her face. She herself had never been much of a mediator, at least, not by choice -- she fit more as an advisor, perhaps, but only because she wasn't afraid to call bull for what it was. She left the emotional things to the more astute, and in listening to Arlette, and the passion and purity behind her motives, Nanook wasn't hard pressed to believe that her niece was well in tune with that.

Not so much with hunting, it seemed. A bemused smile twitched over the mercenary's face, and she offered a conspiring lift of her brow. "Well good on your mother for teaching you to hunt," she said, quite blank. She had never had the luxury herself; her childhood had not been normal, and Scarlett had died right when Nanook and her siblings had reached the age where they would have learned how to hunt larger game than rabbits and birds. "You'll need that skill whether it's your trade or not. I'll let you in on a secret though," at this, she glanced around, before she leaned in and whispered, "I've never much liked hunting myself," she grinned, "Have you ever thought about healing, though? I would reckon that would pair well with your experience in counselling. If the body needs healing, the mind usually does as well."
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
When the sun sets - by Arlette - October 01, 2019, 04:00 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Nanook - October 03, 2019, 09:08 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Arlette - October 07, 2019, 06:12 AM
RE: When the sun sets - by Nanook - October 13, 2019, 10:49 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Arlette - November 15, 2019, 05:25 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Nanook - November 17, 2019, 11:21 AM
RE: When the sun sets - by Arlette - November 28, 2019, 12:20 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Nanook - January 08, 2020, 10:21 PM