Emberwood my father wasn't around; i swear that i'll be around for you
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The woman did not know what to expect from Awol; he was always out doing his duties, roaming, trying his best to become a scout, all of which Ibis was pleased with. He was an energetic sort of fellow from what she could tell, and for all his enthusiasm he took his job seriously. He was a devoted member of the pack—and a good friend too, for which she was thankful. She anticipated good cheer, praise maybe, but not the flurry of words that fell from his lips.

Apologies swarmed at her ears. Explanations—so much information all at once that she was a little bit overwhelmed with the tale. From what she gathered he had visited Easthollow (cue a great warmth in her heart!) but there had been an issue with one of the leaders (confusion on her face, concern—) and for whatever reason, Awol thought it was wrong to have extended himself in this way? To have offered the wolves of the Emberwood as an ally? Ibis could see nothing wrong with what he had done, which furthered her confusion.

Awol, it's good. It's okay. Her praise was thin but heartfelt, spoken hastily to cut through the torrent of his words. You took the initiative to visit another pack and speak to them. I do wish you would have returned form the Hollow first, but I would've sent you there eventually. I have a little bit of history with them too. Ibis thought of Korei and Ira, both now gone from there—and remembered the awkward meeting she'd had during her last attempt to visit, but chose not to bring this up.

She took a breath, smiled, hoped that her calm energy would distill his own seemingly manic behaviour in to a more manageable entity. If they agreed to an alliance then that is good for us. We could use all the friends we can find—so really, its alright. But could you tell me... What issue you encountered? Which of the leaders did you meet? Her little head tilted, her face no longer filled with confusion or concern but focus, curiosity.
Messages In This Thread
RE: my father wasn't around; i swear that i'll be around for you - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 06, 2019, 06:00 PM