Emberwood my father wasn't around; i swear that i'll be around for you
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
From the sounds of things he'd made an impression on the leadership, something which Ibis had failed to do on her own trips to Easthollow; she'd been met by subordinates in every instance, so at least in that regard Awol had "one-upped" her. However, there was some contention between the scout and a man named Greyback—and while the person in question was not familiar to Ibis, she listened intently and wondered to herself, why would anyone find issue with Awol? He had never been anything but kind around her. Quick to speak, and a little bit jumpy sometimes, but not particularly reactive or anything. Maybe he was different around Ibis than he was around others? Or the role of scout might've been more difficult for him than she initially thought.

Well, apology accepted, for what it is worth. It sounds as though you made amends with their leadership regardless. And if they are happy to have an alliance between our pack and theirs, then really you did nothing wrong. Ibis hoped that her certainty and her acceptance of the situation would calm Awol. The work was done—he should be proud of himself. To make her point, Ibis affectionately tousled the boy's shoulder fur and smiled.

Are you going to take a break and rest now, or do you have anywhere else on your list that you would like to visit? Bhediya has come home as well—she had been in the next valley—and I know she's eager to go exploring soon. Maybe you two could travel together? It was a suggestion, nothing more. Bhe had voiced a similar sentiment earlier and now Ibis was testing the waters. If you would like a rest for a few days that's perfectly acceptable as well. It is entirely up to you.
Messages In This Thread
RE: my father wasn't around; i swear that i'll be around for you - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 06, 2019, 07:58 PM