Stone Circle When the sun sets
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook shrugged. "Maybe one day. Sia and I would have to discuss that first." She wondered how much her sister had told Arlette about the process of courtship. Nanook had learned a well worn way down her own messy path, but her niece was different. Her upbringing, her childhood, they all formed a fertile ground for proper education in matters as these. Arlette was blessed to still have her mother, and such a one as Valette.

"Sometimes you can decide. Sometimes they come by accident. But you can only have pups if you couple with a male while you're in heat -- mmm, how do I explain -- oh, kind of like you might've seen the rabbit, or the bison, do before," she said off-handedly, recalling how Valette had explained such process to her. "How old are you again?" she asked with a squint. This season might still be too early for Arlette, but the spring might also be her first...

"Thanks kid, and I'll keep yours," she added with a wink. Nanook liked this one's spunk, and found herself comparing her to the likes of Clary (only, far less rambunctious). But she was spirited, and inquisitive, and if she continued on this track, she would do well. "And aren't those excuses all the more reason," Nanook mused, "We have plenty of allies. Moonspear is a bit of a distance, but your brother Nikai lives with them now. Lost Creek Hollow is closer, and though there are wolves to be avoided within these Wilds, you'll find there are more friends to find than there are foes," she paused, "Your mother was a scout when she was your age. Some of your siblings have left Easthollow to study and learn. Perhaps you could propose something of that nature to your mother. If there's no one here to teach you, looking outside will be the only way to properly learn, and start to remedy the gap in our ranks that you've already seemed to notice."
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
When the sun sets - by Arlette - October 01, 2019, 04:00 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Nanook - October 03, 2019, 09:08 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Arlette - October 07, 2019, 06:12 AM
RE: When the sun sets - by Nanook - October 13, 2019, 10:49 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Arlette - November 15, 2019, 05:25 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Nanook - November 17, 2019, 11:21 AM
RE: When the sun sets - by Arlette - November 28, 2019, 12:20 PM
RE: When the sun sets - by Nanook - January 08, 2020, 10:21 PM