Jade Fern Grove a little more
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she sighs; despite her hunger, he makes a valid point. when he suggests they take a chance anyways, she shakes her head lightly. she'll survive without this meal, despite how much she longs for venison. "you're right. they deserve a chance, to grow again—but with this many hungry wolves, I can only hope they'll last the winter." they are a young, fit, group, and they certainly have a better chance to do so than most. 

as if sensing the decision, the trio begins to move away, toward the shelter of the grove's edge. her attention returns to the man swiftly, however, when he admits his own familiarity. her heart skips a beat when her father, and then morningside is mentioned. grin is etched across her muzzle, and she dips her head swiftly. "that's me! I'm glad to meet you, Howl—very few people around here know of Morningside, anymore." her memories of the man might be vague, but she simply knowledge that for a time, they'd run together in her childhood pack, has her feel some extent of warm kinship for him. 

her joy ebbs, then, when she realizes he must not know. "I am sorry to tell you that my father died—one, two years ago, now." expression turns somber; with his death she has come to terms, now; he had led a full life. and she liked to think he'd be truly proud of her, now.
Messages In This Thread
a little more - by Dawn - January 20, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: a little more - by Howl - January 20, 2020, 05:32 PM
RE: a little more - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 05:16 AM
RE: a little more - by Howl - January 21, 2020, 12:00 PM
RE: a little more - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 12:06 PM
RE: a little more - by Howl - January 21, 2020, 03:40 PM
RE: a little more - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 03:50 PM
RE: a little more - by Howl - January 21, 2020, 04:18 PM
RE: a little more - by Dawn - January 21, 2020, 04:29 PM
RE: a little more - by Howl - January 22, 2020, 11:25 PM
RE: a little more - by Dawn - January 24, 2020, 05:18 AM