Northstar Vale Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin?
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Reiko's speech felt wrong to Ibis' ears. Overly formal, she thought. There was a confidence to her that Ibis did not recognize, and it made her uncomfortable. More than that, it was the way she was so -- dismissive, a touch antagonistic. This wasn't normal behavior; but then, maybe it was the pregnancy changing things? Ibis had been so distracted by her own drama with Akavir, and her own pregnancy, that she hadn't spent much time with Reiko of late. After their last conversation she hadn't felt comfortable with the idea. Maybe that was her own hormonal imbalance coming in to it, though.

For now she'd stand by her friend, and her Empress. Ibis had not met Awenfen either and felt terrible as Reiko spoke, requesting information. It made sense though, so Ibis would not protest. She offered the man a small smile, and quietly piped up with her name, Ibis! when Reiko partly introduced her. She felt her face flush with warmth after that, having very little experience with the empire's borders since her return. She might have been a trained ambassador, but this was new territory in the moment.

Oh—but I might, um, I could help? I have some medical training. I'm sure we could summon someone here as well. She added hastily, once Reiko had requested details from the man. Ibis looked to her with a flick of her eyes, and then focused on the visitors, straightening when she felt her friend leaning against her. A prisoner did you say..? Her face fell, a furrow of worry creasing her brow; she glimpsed Reiko out of the corner of her eye as if to ask her something, but—there was a chill in her blue eyes, and it unsettled her.
Messages In This Thread
Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Memory - May 20, 2020, 11:36 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Hime - May 20, 2020, 11:39 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 20, 2020, 11:46 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Memory - May 21, 2020, 12:01 AM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Hime - May 21, 2020, 12:09 AM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 21, 2020, 12:27 AM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Cordelia - May 21, 2020, 02:32 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Memory - May 21, 2020, 04:04 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Necahual - May 21, 2020, 05:38 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Hime - May 21, 2020, 06:38 PM
RE: Can I Stay? Would it be a Sin? - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 21, 2020, 07:19 PM