Bramblepoint [M] Everyone swimming in a champagne sea
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
What he said, the mention of murder, surprised her. It had not occurred to her that Draper was somehow different or that he might be at-risk for being near her; more importantly she felt a flare of anger at the insinuation, as if her newly founded home boasted a population of brigands and blackhearts.

They'll do nothing, she countered with more force than she meant to, spilling a little of her anger at the offensive comment before she could contain herself. Why ruin the moment? He was alluring because he was nobody; not a part of the fen, but a vagrant who could go places and be anyone. They'll never know.

Only they would know of what transpired here, if it were to happen. Her anger did not fade completely but rather, burned inside of her at a low ember, acting as fuel for other things. She presses a little closer to him and drawls, I am their leader. I can do as I please.

It was an over-simplification; he did not need to know how of the fen operated, he only needed to trust that they were safe together, secret.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Everyone swimming in a champagne sea - by Draper - March 06, 2021, 12:11 PM
RE: Everyone swimming in a champagne sea - by Draper - March 10, 2021, 06:27 PM
RE: Everyone swimming in a champagne sea - by Draper - March 18, 2021, 08:39 PM
RE: Everyone swimming in a champagne sea - by Draper - March 22, 2021, 01:52 PM
RE: Everyone swimming in a champagne sea - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 24, 2021, 03:56 PM
RE: Everyone swimming in a champagne sea - by Draper - March 27, 2021, 05:02 PM