Stavanger Bay Sing me a siren song
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
If she had told him that she thought he was being a child, just as Adair apparently thought that he was, Ragnar might have at least attempted to defend himself. He was allowed to get upset about misunderstood words, he was allowed to be angry (after all the common tongue wasn't his first language and sometimes it was easy for him to misinterpret her meanings). Ragnar smirked at her in his irritation when she growled at him, getting mad at him for being mad at her because she had made him feel, by questioning herself as a leader, that she was agreeing with the old fool who had attempted to tear Ragnar down with words. As far as Ragnar was concerned he felt that Thistle had confirmed it and so it was a natural defense of his to prod, to instigate because he felt he had too to get to her true feelings. Ragnar was many things but ignorant was not one of them and he knew she was hiding things from him. It sounded to me like you were agreeing with him, Ragnar told her simply and if it was true well then someone could step up to him and they would fight to the death for the helm. Just like real Vikings did, just as Ragnar had done to Bjorn. Perhaps you should have made it clearer. You forget that the common tongue isn't my native and I do misunderstand, But likely she would probably shoot that he was just using it as an excuse and his attempts at defense would be shot down. It was probably useless but he was going to do it anyway.

I am not disrespecting them, He countered her quickly. I never said I didn't want to lead. Do you really think I am so selfless as to give up what I worked so hard for? I was bringing that up to make a point wife. I'm aware that someone would have said something long ago if I wasn't fit to lead. Do you really think my ilk would have let an incapable leader lead them? If Ragnar hadn't stepped up to Bjorn someone else would have. The Northmen looked for specific qualities in their leaders and they would rise up against them without so much as a second thought if it was what needed to be done. If someone wants to take this pack...my family from me, they will have to kill me. But she knew that.

Thistle kept back away from him and he just stared at her with stoic eyes, watching as she turned and began to walk away, his body ghosting forward as if she had a rope around his neck, tugging him after her. Why is it that you are allowed to be mad at me, that you are allowed to lie and hide things from me but the first time that I get angry at you I'm the bad guy, hmm? He asked her, with every intention to follow her and work this out with her. She should have known him better than that. Like he was just going to let her walk off. They were having a lover's spat (which they had a lot, frankly) but he loved her far too much to just let it go. Letting it go wouldn't fix the problem and he didn't want to part ways with her on these terms. Not when neither of them had any idea what would happen on his trip, or if he would come back at all. It was a horrible thing to be on bad terms with someone only to come to find out that they had died, knowing the last thing that had been said between you was said out of anger and not really meant.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN

*pushes Ragnar and Thistle together* Now kiss and make up dammit, lol!
Messages In This Thread
Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 15, 2014, 12:14 PM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Ragnar - September 16, 2014, 07:24 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 16, 2014, 01:14 PM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Ragnar - September 18, 2014, 07:25 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 18, 2014, 08:50 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Ragnar - September 20, 2014, 06:55 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 20, 2014, 04:50 PM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Ragnar - September 21, 2014, 08:46 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 21, 2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Ragnar - September 22, 2014, 08:36 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 22, 2014, 08:56 AM