Dragoncrest Cliffs orchid breathing
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Sobo saw in Meerkat a threat to the connection he wished to have with his father, and from fear, he built myriad assumptions: the assumption that Njord had stopped looking for Mireille, the assumption that he would stop caring about his children, and the assumption that one day he would leave like so many others did. All of these things were unfounded and most of them were untrue, but they were very real to Sobo, who desired a relationship with his father despite being Erzulie and Rosalyn's child first and foremost. A lot of it had to do with feeling out of place as a man in Sapphique; Njord was his role model and idol, and Sobo felt like he was slipping away, the same jealous feeling he had had when Mireille went to hunt the caribou with girls who did not like him.

For those reasons and more, he was not inclined to help Meerkat get closer to Njord. She was welcome in Sapphique, but he had no interest in being friends with her so long as he believed she would rob him of his da Njord. Perhaps that was the reason he did not feel shy in her presence.

I t'ink you know him plenty well enough, he said, scanning the ground nearby for another stick. He found one and pulled it toward him in a ponderous manner, almost as if he meant to dismiss her outright, but before he slotted it in his jaws, he added, he not be de man I knew anyway. Ya go ask him what he be wantin' an' leave me out of it.

1 / 3 THREADS · PLAYER INFORMATION
Messages In This Thread
orchid breathing - by Sobo - January 26, 2022, 03:05 PM
RE: orchid breathing - by Meerkat - January 26, 2022, 03:18 PM
RE: orchid breathing - by Sobo - January 27, 2022, 01:12 PM
RE: orchid breathing - by Meerkat - January 27, 2022, 01:25 PM
RE: orchid breathing - by Sobo - January 28, 2022, 09:22 PM
RE: orchid breathing - by Meerkat - January 29, 2022, 11:53 AM
RE: orchid breathing - by Sobo - January 29, 2022, 08:13 PM
RE: orchid breathing - by Meerkat - January 29, 2022, 08:40 PM
RE: orchid breathing - by Sobo - January 29, 2022, 10:04 PM
RE: orchid breathing - by Meerkat - January 29, 2022, 11:32 PM