Redhawk Caldera Webster's Dictionary defines 'wedding' as the fusing of two metals with a hot torch.
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
The reactions were somewhat different. She chalked it up to culture, perhaps, or personality. Teya seemed more than willing to let her go, albeit with the caveat of alliance. Eljay seemed less certain, and Maya. . .well, Maya didn't speak at all.

She felt a ball of anxiety rise up her throat all of a sudden, and swallowed it down to continue.

Well, no, she remarked. I haven't met any of them, except for Jawahir. But I. . . Lilitu dipped her head, a little frustrated that the words wouldn't come to match her feelings.

A brief exhale through her nose, then she continued, looking at the trio. I want to be useful, she said firmly. If this helps our alliance, then all the better. And. . .I—I'm kind of bored, she continued, and looked abashed at the confession. Not that—I mean, I love you all. So much. But I've been traveling so often, and staying in one place. . .

But then, wouldn't she be tied down more in a marriage?

Oh, crud.

What would you do, Maya? she asked, directing her question toward the one wolf who hadn't chimed in.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Webster's Dictionary defines 'wedding' as the fusing of two metals with a hot torch. - by Lilitu - March 11, 2022, 06:43 PM