Stavanger Bay Sing me a siren song
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
It was something of a relief to the scarred Scandinavian to hear that Gunnar would not hate him, but more importantly that she didn't hate him. Perhaps he was a bit paranoid on that matter, but then again he'd done nothing to exactly help his situation. Dutifully, the Jarl remained silent through his Queen Wife's rant, knowing that he had no real room to interject and because, frankly, he was tired of fighting with her. It seemed like it was all they did most days. Eitri had once told him that if he didn't get angry at his wife sometimes, then it meant that the marriage was falling apart — that he wouldn't get angry if he didn't care. Ragnar saw the truth in those words, but desired to ask his father, here in now, if there came a point when anger was all there was even if turned into heated passion, borne of the love that could build an empire or demolish it into nothing but dust and ashes. If it meant something was wrong, in and of itself. But if he examined the problem all he could find was himself. He brought Thistle's unhappiness but the heathen was too selfish to let her go. She was not his possession, but he couldn't help but feel possessive of her, nevertheless. He loved her, adored her even when she was (rightfully) angry with her. It wasn't like Ragnar could ever let Thistle leave him. They might not have been the perfect match, but then again, neither exactly was Odin and Frigga and yet they made it work. For an infinite amount of time that Ragnar, realistically, probably couldn't even comprehend.

A soft chuckle left the Viking's lips when his Queen Wife's head turned so that she could look at him, her surprise at the words that he had allowed to leave his lips dominant. You deserve much more than flowers, Though, he half considered trying to find her some on his trip back. He wasn't so sure he would be able to find lilacs at this time of the year (but in reality he didn't know and Tokio doesn't know because she's allergic to them and stays as far away as she can). It wasn't often that Ragnar apologized for ...anything, at least in the verbal, crystal clear and concise manner. The most important thing I want you to know is that I love you, even if it doesn't always seem like I do. If he said nothing else to her before he died then he would die a happy man knowing that she knew that he did love her.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN
Messages In This Thread
Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 15, 2014, 12:14 PM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Ragnar - September 16, 2014, 07:24 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 16, 2014, 01:14 PM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Ragnar - September 18, 2014, 07:25 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 18, 2014, 08:50 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Ragnar - September 20, 2014, 06:55 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 20, 2014, 04:50 PM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Ragnar - September 21, 2014, 08:46 AM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Thistle Cloud - September 21, 2014, 06:45 PM
RE: Sing me a siren song - by Ragnar - September 22, 2014, 08:36 AM