Redsand Canyon Schédia
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Not terrible but important. That didn't do much to ease the heavy feeling of anxiety in his chest. 

When Arsenio continued, Kallik worked to keep the surprise from his face as he listened. He understood the advantage another outpost would give them; he agreed with the imperator that this was a step they were ready to take. He wasn't sure how much he liked that Arsenio and Tamar would be leaving Mereo, though. He had grown to like and trust the other soldier, and he knew Aquene was friends with Tamar. But he couldn't think of anyone else who would be better for leading their second claim in the vale.

Surprise lifted his eyebrows a little when Arsenio stated that he had asked for Kallik and Aquene to join him—and that the imperator agreed. A surprising stab of hurt pierced his heart. Germanicus was clearly eager to get rid of him, and the scutarius couldn't exactly blame him; look at all the trouble he had caused already. Now he would be Arsenio's problem. I see, was all he said at first, his tone holding no emotion. If that is what the imperator expects of me, then I will go with you. He could feel the fog spreading out from the center of his mind. I will need to talk to Aquene, first, of course. He wasn't sure how she would take this. What if she refused to leave? He had no intention of living somewhere his wife did not. 

If she agrees, I do not feel comfortable moving her until after our children are born and are old enough to make the journey safely. Right now, it was too much of a risk; there were too many variables out of his control.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
Schédia - by Arsenio - March 30, 2022, 08:04 PM
RE: Schédia - by Kallik - March 30, 2022, 08:25 PM
RE: Schédia - by Arsenio - April 05, 2022, 03:05 PM
RE: Schédia - by Kallik - April 06, 2022, 04:04 PM
RE: Schédia - by Arsenio - April 06, 2022, 04:12 PM
RE: Schédia - by Kallik - April 06, 2022, 04:40 PM
RE: Schédia - by Arsenio - April 08, 2022, 07:30 PM
RE: Schédia - by Kallik - April 12, 2022, 03:34 PM
RE: Schédia - by Arsenio - May 10, 2022, 04:21 PM