Greatwater Lake we are the reckless
Moontide
Beta*
738 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Away
Heph leaned forward, it felt easier than she expected to take the comfort that Atka offered. All the more surprising that the gesture actually did bring her back to that moment before she leaned back again. The water moved around her tail. Nothing could change what had happened, that it was terrible, but she found herself surprised at the imperceptible shift in the air, the air leaving and entering her lungs more easily as if the pressure was just right, at having talked to Atka about it.

Her own ears tilted a bit as Atka spoke more on her own past. Partly in sympathy, but partly in understanding. "I'm sorry that you had to go through that, that they did too." Heph was not quite sure what to say. But Atka proved herself nimbler in the conversation and she managed a slow and small twitch of her lips. I was true. "I am glad we did." Her tail wagged and her eyes scanned over to Atka's gaze slightly, not challenging but letting her see for a moment into her own eyes. They were bright beneath the sun, there was a bit of longing there as her words trailed into each other.

She wondered, at that seemingly inevitable parting of ways - how could this wolf stay when even her family had been able to separate from one another - how much time she could steal before time itself stole from her. She wanted to get closet to something she felt was far away. "We should climb one of these mountains, see if we can get close to the stars." she stretched out, almost close enough to nudge the white fur of the other wolf. Her tone went from longing and languid to teasing as she added "I'm sure you'd look stunning in the moonlight." They could double back go to the mountains there, she thought she spied, across the long long stretches of open land, one to the northwest. But they were wanderers, they could go anywhere.
Messages In This Thread
we are the reckless - by Aqillutaq - August 04, 2022, 09:11 PM
RE: we are the reckless - by Heph - August 05, 2022, 08:24 PM
RE: we are the reckless - by Aqillutaq - August 05, 2022, 09:03 PM
RE: we are the reckless - by Heph - August 08, 2022, 10:46 AM
RE: we are the reckless - by Aqillutaq - August 09, 2022, 12:43 AM
RE: we are the reckless - by Heph - August 09, 2022, 08:18 PM
RE: we are the reckless - by Aqillutaq - August 09, 2022, 09:26 PM
RE: we are the reckless - by Heph - August 10, 2022, 11:56 AM
RE: we are the reckless - by Aqillutaq - August 10, 2022, 01:08 PM
RE: we are the reckless - by Heph - August 11, 2022, 11:35 AM
RE: we are the reckless - by Aqillutaq - August 12, 2022, 07:51 AM