Meadowlark Prairie To Eat In Good Company
Moontide
Beta*
738 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Away
The pair of wolves were both gnawing on bones and the companionship settled around Heph like an old but still comforting piece of clothing. Grinning through her teeth she let her tail swish towards Atka playfully as she responded with the first words on her mind, light and teasing and in a lazy mood after eating more than her fill. "How could I fear with you by my side?" She took another bite, letting her teeth press into the nooks and crannies.

But they were bound to run into some less than friendly company and Atka was right that it was a concern. Her voice shifted a bit as she considered it, thrumming lower into a musing but not unserious timbre. "But that would be unpleasant, usually I try to avoid them, but hopefully we'll be able to get away?" There was a bit of a question, perhaps Atka usually fought although Heph had a hard time imagining Atka being truly malicious in intent given how comforting she found the other wolf's presence. She glanced along the open plains, as if she could spot the danger and pre-empt it before it could intrude on the moment. Her voice lightened into a huff as she said, half-joking but with that thread of intention behind it that spoke of the truth. "I'm just a howl away if you find yourself in a tight spot." And she was being honest.

Wolves changed, life moved on, the world changed, but even if they parted ways Heph could not imagine that she would not come if Atka called her. And especially while they were traveling together there was no reason not to find whatever safety they could even if in meager numbers. The illusion of such security was not something that Heph sought out, but she found herself willing and eager to have someone to lean on and to feel their weight against her own shoulders as well. Reassuring rather than stifling pressure.

Please just indulge me in my I'm Only One Call Away references XD
Messages In This Thread
To Eat In Good Company - by Heph - August 11, 2022, 11:19 AM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Aqillutaq - August 12, 2022, 08:12 AM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Heph - August 15, 2022, 01:12 PM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Aqillutaq - August 16, 2022, 05:24 AM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Heph - August 17, 2022, 01:11 PM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Aqillutaq - August 19, 2022, 01:25 PM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Heph - August 20, 2022, 01:21 PM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Aqillutaq - August 22, 2022, 10:57 AM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Heph - August 22, 2022, 11:14 PM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Aqillutaq - August 23, 2022, 12:55 AM