Ravensblood Forest Happy up here
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: Hooray I accidentally deleted my previous post's content OOPS

<style type="text/css">.jinx2 q {color:#BF4930;} .jinx2 em {color:#BF4930;}</style>

With what needed to be said, said, she could only take what was flung at her. If Jinx felt remorse for what she'd put her wolves through — admittedly, nothing, for packs did not rise and fall with their leaders, but with the wolves who committed themselves to the wellbeing of the pack, as those of Shearwater Bay had done during Nanuq's trips — she didn't show it. She was unflinching at the accusation of being self-involved, for Jinx believed herself to be no such thing. In fact, she believed herself to be a humble being, who had staked the glory of Alphaship on her religion when she heeded the loa.

Oh, to be as addled as the Kesuk in her trust in Sos and his designs was both a grand and fallacious thing.

She didn't have many words for much of what Pied said, but her tone was relentlessly icy when she said, I did not dictate my leaving, it was chosen for me. Was she wrong to ignore the perspectives of her wolves, wolves who didn't understand? Wolves who believed it was okay for a wolf to disobey the call of a god because they were an Alpha? Perhaps she, too, would better have understood Pied's point, and perhaps she would have seen their side of things, if the shock and strain of being washed downriver hadn't sent her better judgment and sense of justice packing.

The concluding remark brought a smug smile to her face that, for a moment, confirmed Pied's suspicion that Jinx was, at least internally, somewhat high and mighty about herself. The look said, yes, in fact, I can. For Jinx had many wolves who would have understood her reasons for leaving, all of them probably burnt to a crisp in Shearwater Bay (or so she believed), but Pied didn't know that. All of the Shearwater wolves of old — Lecter, her siblings, Kerberos, her uncles and aunts, her grandparents, Lethe, Sylvia, Jello, and all the rest — would have branded her a good wolf.

For, Jinx thought to herself, none of those wolves had abandoned their pack territory when Nanuq had gone on her spiritual trips. They would not have agreed that a wolf who left its territory was a good wolf. This fanatic belief, which was hardly true, she kept to herself.

With that, the pale Kappa lifted her tail and turned her head to peer at Pied through her left eye, as if to dismissively say, I suggest you be going now. The motion itself would hopefully waft the scent of a dominant male in the dappled Delta's direction, which would add the final point: there is a pack near here. It would be a half-truthful claim, for Horizon Ridge was in fact quite distant, but it was an excuse, like all the other things in her life.

Messages In This Thread
Happy up here - by Pied - December 14, 2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Jinx - December 15, 2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Pied - December 16, 2013, 09:43 AM
RE: Happy up here - by Jinx - December 16, 2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Pied - December 16, 2013, 08:35 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Jinx - December 16, 2013, 09:03 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Pied - December 16, 2013, 10:42 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Jinx - December 16, 2013, 11:03 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Pied - December 16, 2013, 11:27 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Jinx - December 17, 2013, 12:05 AM
RE: Happy up here - by Pied - December 17, 2013, 12:24 AM