Ravensblood Forest Happy up here
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
Damn, I hate it when that happens!

I hope the way I ended this was okay (assuming Jinx wouldn't follow). If not, I'm happy to edit and continue!

By the way, I wanted to give you props for narrating Jinx's shortcomings. A lot of people (myself included) are pretty bad at doing that. It's flaws that make the most interesting characters... :)

Jinx's body language took on a haughty edge and Pied sucked in a long breath and shook her head slightly. Her own posture didn't change; she still stood rather stiffly, neither dominant nor submissive but entirely unflinching. Even when Jinx looked her in the eye and lifted her tail, Pied didn't move a muscle. She received the intended message quite clearly—including the olfactory portion of it—but she stubbornly refused to do what Jinx clearly wanted of her.

Feeling it would be a total waste of breath to say anything more to the fallen Alpha, Pied simply shook her head lightly again, as if shaking off a pesky fly. She then strode past Jinx. She wanted to bump into her, jostling Jinx off her high horse, yet Pied lost her confidence at the last second and simply passed the black-footed wolf. She then proceeded to trot into the dark woodland, refusing to look back, though her twisting ears betrayed the fact that she listened for pursuit.

Soon, the forest's quietude enveloped her. Pied finally turned around, facing the way she'd come and standing very still, sniffing and listening. She couldn't imagine why Jinx would come after her, yet all the same... She sucked in another deep breath, her mottled flanks expanding, then trotted off into the trees, making her roundabout way back toward home with every intention of avoiding the area where she'd crossed paths with Jinx.
Messages In This Thread
Happy up here - by Pied - December 14, 2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Jinx - December 15, 2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Pied - December 16, 2013, 09:43 AM
RE: Happy up here - by Jinx - December 16, 2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Pied - December 16, 2013, 08:35 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Jinx - December 16, 2013, 09:03 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Pied - December 16, 2013, 10:42 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Jinx - December 16, 2013, 11:03 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Pied - December 16, 2013, 11:27 PM
RE: Happy up here - by Jinx - December 17, 2013, 12:05 AM
RE: Happy up here - by Pied - December 17, 2013, 12:24 AM