Swiftcurrent Creek How did I lose it when I was right there?
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It was the most he'd ever heard her speak, and Kel began to understand what Akavir had meant. She didn't make much sense. He couldn't see how this den was any safer than the one she'd left; if anything, it was the opposite. But he didn't argue. Kel had learned this lesson in The Evergarden, when he'd first started this journey, and remembered it well.
They'd treated victims and perpetrators alike in The Evergarden, but Kel himself had preferred to work with the victims. Ironically, perhaps, they took the worst to arguments: from shutting down to launching into violent fits, he was pretty certain he'd seen it all. Dealt with it all. Unease passed through him at the memories; they weren't entirely pleasant. And back then he'd had support: guards and doctors, real doctors! Diagnosis was not his realm; neither was medication, sadly. Lestan and Reverie likely needed both, but Kel just wasn't qualified for it. He would give what he could, and hope that it was enough.
Right. So, He took a deep breath and made a mental note to ask later about safer. You feel better here? Kel was gentle in his prompting, and tried to seem unassuming.
Messages In This Thread
How did I lose it when I was right there? - by Reverie - April 20, 2023, 12:46 AM
RE: How did I lose it when I was right there? - by Kestrelcloud - April 20, 2023, 02:07 AM