Swiftcurrent Creek How did I lose it when I was right there?
141 Posts
Ooc — xynien
(':
It wasn't the reaction he'd expected. His heart broke just a little for her, but mostly Kel was pretty pissed. He hadn't signed up for this — but he had known it was possible. For that reason alone, he lost none of his determination to make this mission a success. The thing was:
She needed to be medicated. There was no way around it. Kel slowly let her go, cursing under his breath as he considered how he would explain this to Lestan. If the man was anywhere nearby, he'd surely heard their struggle. Come on, He said quietly, guiding Reverie back to her daughter. It was easy enough to settle her; she was much more agreeable in this state, as much as he hated to acknowledge it.
He went through the mental checklist of his own knowledge, which herbs might help. Kel didn't know much, and dosage would be a problem... he wished Faun was here! But she was not. It was only him, and he would have to make do with what he knew. So Kel hurried off, hoping Lestan was not on the way, and searched for something he might be able to use. It was obvious Reverie wasn't going anywhere.
Kel returned in short order. What she needed was to be stabilized, sedated even to an extent, and so what he gave her was something that would do both. He couldn't draw her out of this state, but assumed she would come out of it on her own. And when she did, he hoped, she would be different.
Messages In This Thread
How did I lose it when I was right there? - by Reverie - April 20, 2023, 12:46 AM
RE: How did I lose it when I was right there? - by Kestrelcloud - April 20, 2023, 03:17 PM