Totoka River You are exactly what I want: kinda cool and kinda not
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer
the weeping prophet
105 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She could be a siren with her tears; she broke his reservations. She was being childish, and she knew it. They both did. But they swayed the brotherly instinct to protect her. 

And, after all — Reverie finally seemed to understand.

Relief washed through him like the waves across the sandbar. He would not bring up Sweetharbor to her again, but perhaps in time, she would listen to him about that, too.

I’ll come, was all he said. He would need to send a signal up to Caracal and Heda so they would not worry for him, and he would stay until Lestan returned.

But before they could move — before the words barely slipped his mouth — a crashing over land.

Lestan, breaking through the veiled tree line to collapse at the rivers edge. Everett’s jaw tightened, speechless, but the man was not without words.

Children.

A plant.

What is going on? Everett snapped his eyes to the wriggling cargo, to his sister, to her lover. Crazed. Calm.

He bristled.

You took her children?

With half a mind he stepped between the lovers, and wildfire burned in his chest.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You are exactly what I want: kinda cool and kinda not - by Everett - June 22, 2023, 11:47 AM