The Heartwood [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The world was buried by autumn. The leaves obscured so much. Ibis was vaguely aware that the scents she caught were thin and reedy things, barely comprehending that she was not truly capable of seeking the living as she wished. While the sun shafts led the way through the forest Ibis could not detect the warm earthen scent of the dirt, or the myriad of animal scents that typically lined a forest floor. Fortunate then, that she sought water and nothing else.

There were a few muddy segments beneath clusters of leaves, and when she moved to swipe those leaves with a paw, the motion led to nothing. Her ghostly limb passed through them. Not to be dissuaded by this, she bypassed those shallow puddles and looked further, for something larger and more exposed.

Eventually, yes! There was one depression in the earth as wide as she needed, with water suspended within it and not too many bits of leaf-litter. There! She skipped over to it, ethereal tail wagging at her hips.

Find your favorite leaves of the woods, and toss them in! We can take turns reading your fortune from the shapes that they make. Putting aside her own inability to affect change to her surroundings, Ibis presumed the other woman was much more capable.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 07, 2023, 03:23 PM