The Heartwood [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
There was much about her life that she regretted. These things were far from her mind, now. Ibis had a choice with how she spent her afterlife, and she would choose ignorance and bliss over the truth for as long as she could; in this case, that meant eternity. She no longer had the capacity to pine after people she could not have; she did not miss anyone openly, and chose to forget, or feign forgetting, in pursuit of her own happiness.

Now, her pursuit involved these leaves, and this fortune-telling game. Her fortune in life had been spoiled somehow; in death now, as a spirit, she could decide for herself and exist in this limbo of whimsy.

I think that we need special kinds of leaves for that, advised the woman. It was a little bit of a damper on an otherwise happy moment, and again Ibis chose to ignore this point that she was making. That they needed living leaves, rather than dead ones — dead, like her; dead, and gone, unwanted and spoiled.
It was hard to keep hold of her fantasies sometimes.

What do I want to ask? Hmm, Ibis thought about it as they searched for better leaves. She imagined many things as her body drifted through the ferns, or caught like spider's silk across a tiny sapling; she remained purposefully ignorant to the diaphonous state of her figure. I want to ask about my girls, she answered finally.
I want to ask if my babies are happy, or what might come in their future. I want to be prepared, so I can help them.
Except by now, she knew she couldn't. She still chose bliss, and refused to acknowledge her lack of agency in the living world.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 26, 2023, 02:25 PM