The Heartwood [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis went quiet as the woman spoke, offering options, and then she laughed as if the act of finding her children was a great joke! She had certainly thought to do that; what mother would refuse the chance to see their children? Yet something held her back. Fear, perhaps. Not knowing how she would be perceived. The thought that they'd look different and be different, or would not know her. It was out of the question - better to ask the leaves and play her games.

Her laughter carried until she was out of breath; she was a ghost, yes, but Ibis acted out a version of mimicked life to stave off the obvious.

I'm tired of this game, she answered abruptly. Whether they had found appropriate leaves or not, or could gather them, or had questions to ask, Ibis chose to act the part of a fickle child and gave up pursuit of their goals.

Do you want to race? She asked but did not give time for an answer - taking off at a run again, with girlish laughter filling the space as she went. As a spirit she moved fluidly across the terrain - and away from her worries, just like in life.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [BOO] I know delusion when I see it in the mirror - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 30, 2023, 01:26 PM