Silverlight Terrace Everything the Light touches
Moonspear
Councilor*
556 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
So i'm going ot spin this one of my own imagination. I apologize ahead of time if it isn't great.

The youth looked towards him with two tone eyes and shadow fur. 

Alaric laughed and nodded. Yes I also sing often. And I like a bit of dangerous fun. Leaping from rock to rock, sliding down the mountain. So I suppose I am an unsuual fellow.

Alaric heard his question and hummed quietly. I know a few. Let me think.

He closed his eyes and thought on it and then he opened them with a smile. This one is a bit sad, but listen close. There once was a wolf born of sea and sand. Beautiful beyond all others, but he was like the sea when she is angry.  Hard and wild. But there was a wolf that loved him beyond all compare. A beautiful wolf of the forest and loam. Plain and quiet, but sweet and kind. He did not see her for what she was.

Alaric moved then his body into position. Showing a wolf of proud bearing with cruelty in his eyes. and another sweet and humble, who bowed and cowled in the presence. He moved as if of the sea and forest.

There came a moment when the seaborn's father decided he must be married and he would marry whomever could get something the boy wanted above else. Well the seaborn knew well what he would ask for. A clam with pearls deep within the sea, for who could bear the sea as she could be. Just as she was often kind and calm, moving slowly with the tide, she could also froth and growl and grow large with her anger. many wolves came and many tried, but none could dive deep enough or hard enough to gather what he wanted. Then the she wolf came. The wolf of forest and loam, with eyes as green as grass and fur as brown as the fallen leaves that fell in autumn. Her love for him damning.

He knew she would never succeed and though he enjoyed her attentions. The way she loved him, he felt he could not marry such a sweet natured wolf. She was not for him, but a fire beat in her. A determination he had not thought about.

he moved about showing a cruelty in his face and the way he motioned as if showing wolves what he wanted. Then he showed himself smaller, quiet a gentle look on his face.

She was the last one to try. And she dove again and again. The ocean growing angrier and angrier with each delve. But she was undeterred. The seaborn's father begged her to stop, but she continued while he himself stood and watched with both surprise and slowly a new feeling arose deep within his breast. Of what he assumed to be guilt. The sweet wolf hadn't deserved his haughty behavior and his demands. And he did not deserve her, but he could no more stop her now as nature was now in her wildness furious.

Alaric jumped around as if tossed by the sea and wind. Fear but determination in his face. Finally she dove down, down, and did not surface. They all thought for sure she would not come back up, but she did. A clam clamped tightly in her tiny maw. She swam against the shore, but the sea she tossed the forestwolf like a playtoy. Back and forth, but she continued. Upon reaching the seaborn, she lay the clam at his paws and lay there too. Her eyes growing glazed. The clam was opened, a large pearl so beautiful in it's paleness it shown like the moon, but it was at a great loss. And the seaborn realized he had what he wanted all along and he decided as the one who had loved him more than any other lay cold, her spirit going to the dancing lights. That he would be good.

Alaric smiled sadly. A lesson in restraint and that you should not take for granted those you love so much.

OOf not my best
Messages In This Thread
Everything the Light touches - by Arrluk - September 14, 2023, 10:22 PM
RE: Everything the Light touches - by Alaric - September 15, 2023, 05:08 AM
RE: Everything the Light touches - by Arrluk - September 28, 2023, 09:38 PM
RE: Everything the Light touches - by Alaric - September 29, 2023, 05:53 AM
RE: Everything the Light touches - by Arrluk - September 29, 2023, 11:05 PM
RE: Everything the Light touches - by Alaric - September 30, 2023, 07:18 AM
RE: Everything the Light touches - by Arrluk - October 11, 2023, 11:06 AM
RE: Everything the Light touches - by Alaric - October 12, 2023, 09:55 AM
RE: Everything the Light touches - by Arrluk - October 14, 2023, 11:08 PM
RE: Everything the Light touches - by Alaric - October 17, 2023, 09:25 AM