Hushed Willows sávvato
Hushed Willows
the weeping prophet
106 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Another heavy blow. The only one Everett had lost was Rose, and the weight of that had nearly crushed him. Reina... she had lost everyone.

Oh... Reina, I -- I'm sorry, felt so small next to her loss, but what else could he say? Any platitude would feel empty. And whisper of the hope that Hearthwood would soothe the sorrows of her loss. Friends could be a healing balm, but couldn't replace the family she'd lost.

And he saw the change in her, like sunlight obscured by a cloud. And he the feeling, every steady breath. Concealed from breaking; the rain of tears never came, and he longed to comfort her. But though he shifted closer, he stopped short of touching her with the kind of empathy he'd often lend his sister. Uncertain, still, from the hesitancy she'd shown at being near him to begin with. Unwilling, still, to cause her discomfort in his attempt to help.

Her smile would meet his troubled gaze, speaking the comfort he could neither say nor give through any touch. But he was glad to hear that Reverie had been there first, to help her in ways only she probably could. Reverie, who had once been so broken herself. My sister is a woman few words can adequately describe, he said, allowing his careful smile again, but, I also think angel is a good one.

How much he sang to the Singer in thanksgiving that the Gilded Sea no longer caged her! His heart brimmed with wordless love for all He had done for them, at how far both he and Reverie had come.

If you wish to hear, then I wish to share, he finally said, but when her laughter broke the brief silence between them, his own voice cracked out in a nervous chuckle instead of song. Was it he'd said? Had he done something strange, or... ?

Oh, it happens, and he laughed with her, more relieved than anything, how about we walk, then? It'll be easier to keep your mind from wandering, and it would make it easier for him to sing for someone he'd never sung for before if he had something else to focus on, I will sing as we go. It's too beautiful a day to be sitting still, anyways.
Messages In This Thread
sávvato - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 12:51 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 06:53 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 10:58 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 11:42 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 10, 2024, 01:08 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 11, 2024, 06:48 PM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 12, 2024, 01:21 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 12, 2024, 10:39 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 10:29 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 19, 2024, 12:01 PM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 08:13 PM