Hushed Willows sávvato
Hushed Willows
the weeping prophet
106 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
A time to reverse. Didn't he wish that, too? Yet at the same time he wondered what would have been different. Rose, Rose, she had been what shook the Gilded Sea from their damning delusions. The Singer, what shook him from his. The night of the fire, hadn't he still lay beneath the stars with the mushrooms at his paws? Crushed, but not eaten - and his vision, and her death, were what it took together to snap him out of his own stupor.

To turn back time would be to lose everything he had learned and discovered and grown into now. A better man.

It's okay, I understand, he reassured her. At least, as much as he could. He would never know what it was to be a woman. They faced fears he as a man would never experience. But he could find the empathy to understand. He did so with Reverie, he would do so now, with Reina, Healing takes patience, time. I know you will find it here, in time, another smile - oblivious to the thoughts that ran through the woman's mind. He merely felt a soft warmth blossom up like some spring time flower in his heart when he thought of Reina without fear and apprehension, living in the freedom he, too, had found in facing and overcoming the shadows of his own unfortunate life.

There was so much hope for her yet, and he prayed he might help her find it, he and all the wolves of Hearthwood.

For now, he would offer his part in song. Singing, after all, had a calming affect on the soul. And didn't he know it! Redeemed from the anxious cries he used to shout at the skies, always vexed, always hoarse, and ambling on when the rain didn't come. He sang for Adonai who saw him, now, who didn't base his worth on what he sung, and who sent the rains according to His song, instead of waiting for the wild dance of His creatures to reach Him first. He sang for the family, friends, and strangers He wove alongside him, like a tapestry threaded with many colours - red and cream and steel and gold.

Everett fell into easy step alongside Reina, with a humoured chuckle at the ramble of her nerves. I've never been to the Keep before. I would love for you to show me. It must have been beautiful, if she chose to set her den nearby. Even knowing her for these small moments, he took her to be a thoughtful wolf - a little jittery, but one whose eye seemed to turn towards that which was lovely and bright.

His smile broke with a laugh. I could listen to you talk for miles yet, and he meant it; she was good company, and his thoughts were calm with her. Something about her. Honest, and pure. Like she wasn't hiding anything. Refreshing, after a life of so many secrets. But if you insist,

And as they walked towards the lake, through the springlife awakening around them like a lamb from its sleep, he started to sing.
Messages In This Thread
sávvato - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 12:51 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 06:53 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 10:58 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 01, 2024, 11:42 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 10, 2024, 01:08 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 11, 2024, 06:48 PM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 12, 2024, 01:21 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 12, 2024, 10:39 AM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 10:29 AM
RE: sávvato - by Reina - February 19, 2024, 12:01 PM
RE: sávvato - by Everett - February 19, 2024, 08:13 PM