Redhawk Caldera home in the wild
Brecheliant
Raven*
413 Posts
Ooc — delaney
to his reminder, crane agrees and kivaluk is satisfied; thus the topic change is a nice one. it stirs to life within kivaluk the hope that his daughter might follow in his footsteps as hunter. brecheliant could use more dedicated hunters.

his gaze lifts from her to the clearing where he knows the deer graze; content to mind their own business. crane wishes to know what he is thinking when he observes the herd. i am counting how many there are, to see if any new deer have joined the herd, babies or adults, he begins, settling upon his haunches beside her

i am studying each of them for any sign of isolation, to see if any look injured or sick. that was the easiest part, in kivaluk's experience: the smell gave it away but also the intentional isolation from the herd. i shadow them, to study the patterns of their movement and if they have not gone to their usual grazing grounds, he gives a small pause. if i have noticed this change, i will go and try to investigate why.

his mind is far from still.

he looks down at her then, fixing her in his gaze of moonbeam champagne. what do you think when you look at a herd? he asks, hoping for her genuine answer; truly interested in what she had to say.
Messages In This Thread
home in the wild - by Kivaluk - July 21, 2024, 04:36 AM
RE: home in the wild - by Crane - July 27, 2024, 01:04 PM
RE: home in the wild - by Kivaluk - July 28, 2024, 05:03 AM
RE: home in the wild - by Crane - July 28, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: home in the wild - by Kivaluk - July 29, 2024, 04:25 AM