Sea Lion Shores Saw you there and I thought
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It was the first time that Charon truly left Stavanger Bay's safe confines. Often he had come to the borders in the past month and some, teetering at the edge of the pack while trying to pluck up the courage to go. The first time he'd gone to the borders it had been in a foolish attempt to find Liyaní, but he had been stopped in his tracks by Ragnar. After that he had given up hope on finding his siblings, and had come to the borders looking for adventure, for thrill, for a whiff of Others and their packs.

It was strange leaving behind the line up to where Ragnar's scent reigned, leaving it for somewhere where no one in particular, and yet everyone all at once, marked the territories. Without realising it, Charon tensed his muscles, flattened his ears and tail against his body, and tiptoed further away from the Bay with a nauseous pit in his stomach, occasionally looking back. Luckily there was no one to see him, or so he hoped and thought, so that there was no one to call him a lousy scaredycat adventurer (for he obviously wasn't!).

When he heard the seals bellow nearby, the hairs in Charon's neck stood on end. He had only ever heard these kind of sounds from a distance, and always figured they came from monsters of some kind. Now that they were so close, he was terrified by them, and found himself starting to run, not minding where to; so long as it was away from the monsters!

It didn't take long before Charon saw another wolf came into view. Normally he wasn't so quick to trust Others, and he didn't think she was from the Bay since he hadn't seen her before, but right now Charon wasn't too picky. Besides, it wasn't like any Others had ever hurt him so far. Where normally Charon would try to tower over anyone he met until put in his place, now that he was scared, Charon kept himself small, flattening his ears against his head and tucking his tail between his legs. He licked his lips submissively while looking up at the female from the corners of his eyes, never making eye contact for longer than a second.

Charon didn't speak, waiting to see if the female was hostile or not, and hoping she'd protect him. He didn't look behind, for if he did then maybe he would see that the monster weren't really monsters and only had eye for each other anyway.
Messages In This Thread
Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - December 28, 2014, 11:44 PM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Charon - December 29, 2014, 04:18 AM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - December 29, 2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Charon - December 29, 2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - January 02, 2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Charon - January 05, 2015, 04:40 PM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - January 12, 2015, 11:20 PM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Charon - January 13, 2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - January 18, 2015, 10:00 AM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Charon - January 19, 2015, 05:57 AM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - January 25, 2015, 03:07 PM