Redhawk Caldera face the facts
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
She felt suddenly exhausted— deflated. It was as if her anxiety had grown so intense that it might kill her, then popped into nothingness. She didn't die of it, nor did the world come crashing to an end; there was simply nothing where it used to be. Magpie couldn't remember what she had expected. Peregrine hadn't cared when she nearly pissed herself in submission on his borders, didn't care for the meal she had brought— a kill she had made herself, because he had taught her. And he had turned his back.

It was a good sign, then, that he had even answered her call— he still spewed vitriol, still made her feel less than a rabbit's turd... but he had answered. That meant he was ready to talk, right? She stilled her mind when it came too close to the thought that he might forgive her; it was too much to hope for, though she couldn't understand the depth of his hatred. Magpie had left, true, but she had returned with the intention of apology and nothing more— the events that had led to her standing here seemed oddly outside of her control, like she was a plastic bag floating in the wind (thx katy perry).

With the release of her anxiety, and the sudden flow of these revelations, Magpie felt her confidence slowly return. She had made a mistake, but she had come to right it: and she had done nothing wrong in doing so. Whatever had caused Peregrine to hold a grudge that rivaled her own— they weren't so different— she abruptly suspected it had nothing to do with her.

Right, she thought with some annoyance, straightening slightly, We don't have to figure shit out. He does.

Still, when she spoke, it was as level as she could muster— the slight shakiness likely attributed to flagging nerve. "We all know I fucked up by leaving without telling you," she began after a deep breath, "and when I came back, it was only to apologize. Even after Fox invited me in, I thought it would just be to talk and that you'd never have to see me again." There was an unspoken but in the air, as she paused to gather the rest of her words. "She's family— you're family. That changed things. I'd offer to leave, 'cause I'd rather not stick around a place that doesn't want me. I'm not going to, though, because whether you like it or not, I'm going to be an aunt. It'd be pretty fucked up for me to leave now." She thought better of adding, "when you and Fox need all the support you can get."

She swallowed hard and winced as the anxiety came roiling back— but Peregrine wouldn't dare kill his mate's sister, would he? "So, I want to know whatthehellIhavetodotoregainyourapproval," Magpie rushed out, hopefully before he had time to tear out her throat.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 16, 2015, 03:10 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 16, 2015, 03:43 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 16, 2015, 03:51 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 16, 2015, 06:45 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 18, 2015, 09:12 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 03:25 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 03:34 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 03:53 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 03:58 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 04:05 PM