Redhawk Caldera face the facts
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Lol, I love that they're so exasperated by each other... METHINKS THEY ARE TOO SIMILAR. :P

Magpie was yet young and naive, and though she did understand he wanted more from her, she was failing to communicate that she didn't know what that more was. She finished her defense, even as he turned away to visibly ignore her, and for a brief moment she considered biting his tail— so great was her aggravation and frustration— but that was likely to get her killed. It was then that her tactics changed, and she finally got to the point of her summons.

Even then, Peregrine exploded. Is there nothing I can fucking do right in your eyes? she wondered angrily, electric gaze focused on his shoulder and fighting tears that threatened to overflow. Every fiber of Magpie's being wanted to run, now, but she fought against it— that would most definitely make things worse, though she wasn't sure if there was anything she could do to make things better.

His insistence that she had wanted to be Gamekeeper startled her, though, and she looked up at him with surprise. She remembered their time training fondly, even though it felt like a lifetime ago that they had actually been friends, but she couldn't remember ever explicitly talking about the trade as a goal. She had only thought she was training to hunt like any other youth. "Gamekeeper, then," she finally said, voice finally soft and without bite. "I didn't realize that's what you wanted me to be, but I liked your mentorship. I miss it." Her last sentence was spoken a bit wistfully— could they ever get back to that? As for his incredulity towards her desire to be outrider, she said nothing. Travel was in her blood, and if Peregrine wanted her to stay tied to this place, the least he could do was allow her some semblance of independence.

"Do you and Fox have a favorite?" she asked, only wondering if that was a silly question after it had already fallen. Did they like fish? Deer? Goose?
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 16, 2015, 03:10 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 16, 2015, 03:43 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 16, 2015, 03:51 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 16, 2015, 06:45 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 18, 2015, 09:12 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 03:25 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 03:34 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 03:53 PM
RE: face the facts - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 19, 2015, 03:58 PM
RE: face the facts - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 04:05 PM