Rising Sun Valley don't wait for me
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
there is something about your characters that makes Charon pee, Laur, lmao.

this is my last post, assuming no one will stop or go after him (otherwise pm me). :) thanks for joining guys; I hadn't anticipated Charon running off but it seemed like the most logical thing for him to do when I reached the ending of this post :3 some day malachi and charon should meet again~!

It was as if he had landed into a nightmare; Charon closed his eyes tight and waited for it to end, struggling but unable to get himself freed from the grip the dog had on him. As though through some sort of miracle, the grip on his scruff went away. Charon heard the sounds of fighting and growling next to him. His neck hurt, and Charon wondered if he was bleeding — it certainly felt like he was bleeding. He carefully looked sideways from the corner of his eye while looking at the wolf bravely fighting the dog.

He should do something... anything. Charon instead, petrified, stared at them, wanting to come to the wolf's aide but petrified by the pain in his neck and how very real this situation was. He knew how to tie a pretty knot into a fantasy story, but he didn't know what to do now that things were real.

And just when it seemed that things couldn't get any worse, Charon felt the familiar sensation of shame as pee tinkled onto the grass. Once more, he had been felled by fear, and Charon didn't remember ever being this embarrassed. The indignant shame! What would he say or do if the wolf would beat the monster? And what if he didn't beat the monster?! Charon would be ripped to shreds right after the wolf would be. Who was he kidding? He wasn't a brave knight that felled monsters on a daily basis; he was a dumb kid that couldn't even help the heroic knight that was beating monsters and saving others!

There were two things that drove Charon's next action: the fear that after the wolf would be torn apart by the monster, so would be, and the shame for his apathy in the fight and stressed bladder if the wolf would beat the monster. Neither were things he could face.

Like a coward, the adolescent got onto shaky legs and started to run as fast as he could. His legs were exhausted, but the adrenaline coursing through his veins gave Charon new-found energy. He didn't turn to look back; he just kept on running while tears welled up in his eyes. He felt like a horrible coward and there were many times when Charon considered turning or looking back; but every time, his will to survive was bigger than his shame for not being the heroic knight he told everyone he was.
Messages In This Thread
don't wait for me - by Charon - February 19, 2015, 06:08 AM
RE: don't wait for me - by Reaper - February 19, 2015, 07:14 AM
RE: don't wait for me - by Charon - February 19, 2015, 08:35 AM
RE: don't wait for me - by Malachi - February 19, 2015, 11:08 PM
RE: don't wait for me - by Reaper - February 22, 2015, 07:06 AM
RE: don't wait for me - by Charon - February 22, 2015, 07:28 AM
RE: don't wait for me - by Malachi - February 24, 2015, 11:36 AM
RE: don't wait for me - by Reaper - February 27, 2015, 03:14 AM
RE: don't wait for me - by Charon - February 27, 2015, 05:27 AM
RE: don't wait for me - by Reaper - March 25, 2015, 10:25 AM