Horizon Ridge pride comes before the fall
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
The tears fell faster, dropping like little jewels, when Akhlut gave her—and Kisu, of course—formal permission. They were shed happily now, though, and even as they dripped over the contours of her cheekbones, she managed a smile. There was a great deal of healing Pied must endure, yet if she simply latched onto this promise of motherhood, she knew she could pull through anything.

"Thank-you, Akhlut. That means more to me than I can describe, especially right now." Pied hoped her eyes told the story for her, shining with the gloss of effervescent tears as they were. She didn't overlook his statement about himself, adding, "You're young, handsome and powerful. I'm sure you'll find an eligible lady sooner than later. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened by springtime. Perhaps you and your mate can raise a litter alongside Kisu and me." She felt good, gently pushing some of his optimism back onto him.

Although he intended the nuzzle platonically and she reached out to receive it in the same spirit, Pied was surprised when she felt a warm sensation where his nose came in contact with her cheek, which sent a current of what felt like electricity through her face, down her neck and spreading into her chest. Although she braced herself against the peculiar sensation, it didn't hurt. In fact, it felt sort of nice, as if his touch had sent a shot of analgesic directly into her veins. Pied sighed softly.

"Once I'm on the mend, I'd love to help you find a partner worthy of you, Akhlut. I don't know you as well as I'd like," she added, swallowing, "but I'd like to change that. I'd like to know you better. Then I can keep an eye out for a suitable female. Along with aspiring to be Caretaker, I can become the pack's informal Matchmaker," she jested lightly, thought he offer and the sentiment were both very genuine.
Messages In This Thread
pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - January 30, 2014, 08:24 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - January 30, 2014, 09:22 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 12, 2014, 08:17 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 12, 2014, 10:06 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 13, 2014, 03:35 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 13, 2014, 04:01 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 13, 2014, 04:41 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 13, 2014, 04:49 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 13, 2014, 05:15 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Pied - February 13, 2014, 06:14 PM
RE: pride comes before the fall - by Akhlut - February 20, 2014, 08:48 PM