Somewhere in the darkness shines a little light on a blue horizon
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Though Charon didn't understand why Osprey didn't want to visit the cool waterfall, he didn't press it. She was soon ready to follow him, anyway, so it didn't matter; whatever objection she had was probably not very important. The gesture of the forepaw-to-the-chest was unknown to Charon, but probably had something to do with Osprey being smart. The silliness or double use of the word 'cool' wasn't even noted by Charon — but then, there could never be too much use of the word 'cool' in his books — and he eagerly began leading the way to the waterfall, crossing Stavanger Bay's borders.

Charon had never been down south, and he wondered what it was like. However, it was time for his story first. "Well, I heard that my brother Kevlyn was stolen by Duskf— uhm, someone, and Duskfire Glacier wolves might know more." He corrected himself, just in time (he hoped) because obviously Duskfire hadn't stolen his brother and he'd look stupid if he told Osprey that he thought they had just because someone told him. "So anyway, I travelled allll the way there! It was super far though, so I got really hungry and tired from all the travels. And then I got there and there were some really angry wolves who were angry for no reason." As always, Charon's stories were a little drawn out and stunted in their wording; this one moreso because he had to twist and make up details on the spot. "So then I found out some mean evil wolf called Blythe probably stole my brother, and I decided to go home so we could search for this wolf together, 'cause I'd forgotten to tell everyone that I was gone so I was thinking, like, 'they must be so worried by now'! And they were!

And then on my way back when I was pretty tired, there was a monster that attacked me! It looked sort of like a wolf but the fur was really short, and it was hunchbacked and didn't have much of a tail and it had lots of scars and its eyes were red like blood! It was pretty scary, but I wasn't scared at all."
Charon boasted proudly, even though he'd been scared shitless, pissed himself and ran off. But nobody needed to know that; least of all Osprey, probably the wolf he liked most in the world. "When we fought, the monster hurt me in my neck, but then I attacked it and scared it off." Yup, exactly how that story had played out. "And on my way home I nearly got attacked by a huge wolf, but then Ragnar found me and we went home and Thistle took care of my wounds."

Charon paused their journey towards the waterfall for a moment and turned the scabs in his neck towards Osprey. "See? That's where the monster got me."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Somewhere in the darkness shines a little light on a blue horizon - by Charon - March 11, 2015, 02:24 PM