Redhawk Caldera something always brings me back to you.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
All Welcome 
Tagging just for reference :)

The sun that tapped on Finley's eyelids that morning was bright and relentless. Reluctantly, she blinked at the world around her to find it pink and glowing in the early dawn. She stretched and look about her to see @Elwood beside her with @Lagan and @Eljay lying not too far. With another turn of her head, she saw Raven laying nearby with each little firebird nestled against her - @Phox and Towhee lying atop each other as usual, @Orca and @Titmouse snuggled neatly around them. Even @Birk and @Sassafras were not too far, both stretched across the grass, sleeping peacefully in the hazy light.

As painfully aware of who was missing amongst them as she was, Finley was surprised to feel oddly... okay. She couldn't call it contentment. Hell, even considering it okay felt like it didn't quite fit right. And she supposed it wasn't that she actually okay so much as... in that moment, surrounded by her family in the early hours of the morning with the sun warming her back, it sort of felt as though there might actually be a day out there somewhere in the future where she could actually be okay.

The ghost of a smile pulled at her lips, but Fin was unable to give it quarter. She turned to look at Elwood sleeping beside her and leaned over to place a tender kiss upon her muzzle - gently so as not to wake him - and then she stood to creep quietly away. The alpha aimed her paws towards the lake at the center of the Caldera, but without even realizing it, she had turned. It wasn't too long before she found herself standing at the graves of Peregrine and Fox, gazing down at them with an unreadable expression on her face. She didn't know why she was there or what it was she wanted. Still, Finley sat heavily before them, wishing so desperately that they could be there with her when she so very needed them.

Messages In This Thread
something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 19, 2017, 07:58 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 19, 2017, 08:20 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 20, 2017, 04:14 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 21, 2017, 11:54 AM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 23, 2017, 08:05 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 27, 2017, 09:54 AM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 28, 2017, 08:36 PM