King Elk Forest good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris
He held the accusation behind his teeth still. He tasted its bitterness and its sourness as it spread across his tongue and filled his mouth. If Euron could have chewed it into pulp and swallowed it he would have, but as he clenched and ground his teeth he found that all it did was swell until finally he could not dam it and it seeped past his lips in a quiet and soft voice. "You're abandoning us." There was nothing harsh about his tone despite the nature of the statement. He was seemingly — oddly, perhaps — without judgement or malice. Cicero was leaving them; it may have appeared like he had cast his father in the same light as Maegi with his choice of words, but while he perceived it to be wrong for Cicero to bring them here and to leave them alone among strangers, among strange trees... Maegi had chose to leave. Cicero had not.

Euron moved in front of his father and settled onto his stomach, laying his own head between his paws, nearly nose to nose with his sire and mentor. "It's okay." He said, still quiet and still soft. "I understand. You are tired." His tail swept the ground; a weak wag. "They made you tired." He was aware of his brother's presence nearby, aware even of the other two wolves but they were removed from this moment. "I will make them tired someday." He promised as he flashed his father a wicked grin; his eyes glinted with the same crookedness. There was a pause before he continued.

"I am mad you brought us here and are leaving," he admitted. "But I forgive you. You are good." Euron drew a deep breath and exhaled calmly. Then he reached out his paw and gingerly patted his father on the nose. "So it's okay," he affirmed.

"You can go."
Messages In This Thread
RE: good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter - by Euron - March 04, 2018, 12:37 PM