Broken Boulder "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Lily I know it's says TBD but it sounded like she had been accepted? If I got that wrong, I can delete. For @Horosk mainly but AW!

It was night when the spirit emerged from her den. It was almost too simple to find her way out of the maw of the caves beneath the Boulder. 

She was used to the dark. It was the people, so many and so close, on all sides of her that Liri was unaccustomed to. 

The translucent wraith wove amongst the rocky field, the stones turned bone white in moonlight that peeked between the clouds. A breeze brought with it the scent and the patter of a few droplets of rain. 

It was a peaceful night. But Liri could find no rest in it. Coming back to Teekon had left her restless for reasons unknown. 

Perhaps it was merely that the last time Liri had lived in these lands, she had lost everything. 

She settled beneath a rock at the edge of the clearing. It was large enough that the tiny woman could lie sheltered beside it and still see the night sky. With a last painful tug of her hind leg, she looked to the heavens. 

The stars winked from above, tiny and beckoning. 

The old ones said that we become part of the stars when we die. Could they be up there? Do they feel that I miss them? 

A heavy lump settled in her throat and tears burned behind her eyes. She swallowed heavily and fixated on the stars with longing. 

"My babies," the mother whispered, voice shuddering with loss. "I don't know if you hear me. But if you can...I love you. Mama loves you."

Liri could not help the tear that escaped as the only witness to her words were the soft sway of the breeze and the silence of the night.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
"Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 21, 2018, 10:51 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 28, 2018, 11:18 AM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 28, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 28, 2018, 03:20 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 28, 2018, 04:16 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 30, 2018, 02:11 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 30, 2018, 02:51 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - June 16, 2018, 12:01 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - June 18, 2018, 10:30 AM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - June 24, 2018, 06:11 AM