Wheeling Gull Isle maybe i should stop but we'll see
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
“I’m so sorry.”

The Aralez stilled, her head tilting quizzically, but she was quick to follow Rokig’s descent. She lay beside him, a soft, inaudible croon of comfort humming in her throat, and rested her muzzle atop his head that he might feel her condolences even if he could not hear them. “Oh, Rokig,” she breathed softly, clinging like a burr to his side and lovingly grooming his face and whiskers. It was not his fault! She knew this to be true but had no way of making him believe it. She still held herself responsible for Doe and Poppy’s deaths — and so she simply ministered to him in silence, finding the comfort of touch to be more eloquent than anything she could craft with words.

She made no offers or suggestions about honoring Lainie’s memory, chiefly because she lacked the wherewithal to construct such a long, drawn out query. Instead, “Rokig good boy,” she whispered insistently. “Good wolf.” His self-loathing presented to her in waves of bad feeling; a tinge of nausea, a pain she felt deep in her bones. She wished it was within her abilities to tell him how much he meant to her and how deeply she appreciated his presence. She wanted her children to learn from him and lean on him. To Seelie, the stocky wolf was integral to Undersea.

Nestled alongside her friend, the Aralez lost track of time. It was only when some of the painful tension in his stocky musculature melted away that she made a gentle retreat, noting that he barely noticed her withdrawal, so deeply entrenched was he in his own thoughts. A few words exchanged with Hemlock put the heartbroken seawolf on watch, just in case he required another pair of trusted and true ears.
Messages In This Thread
maybe i should stop but we'll see - by Cephaloryn - August 25, 2018, 04:00 PM
RE: maybe i should stop but we'll see - by Moor - August 26, 2018, 01:58 PM
RE: maybe i should stop but we'll see - by Coelacanth - September 02, 2018, 06:07 PM
RE: maybe i should stop but we'll see - by Cephaloryn - September 10, 2018, 08:39 PM
RE: maybe i should stop but we'll see - by Coelacanth - September 27, 2018, 08:42 AM
RE: maybe i should stop but we'll see - by Cephaloryn - September 29, 2018, 05:21 PM
RE: maybe i should stop but we'll see - by Coelacanth - October 26, 2018, 08:43 AM