The Floodlands i shall fear no evil
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
A scent crosses paths with his own as he continues this journey eastward. No simple trek is this, and he had admitted to himself that it seemed kind of foolish to venture away from home to tell Gwen of the home. But his heart and mind were both set, both launching 'sound' excuses to fill the reasoning in of the usually logical man. 'So she won't be surprised by the bear', he reassured himself. 'So she will know faces before they know hers', he whispered within his mind's caverns. He ignored how silly this seemed, and focused on the tracks ahead of him.

In the soft loam of the Hinterlands, tracks were abundant. Game and Predator alike greeted the face of the living Void, and he analyzed them where he could. It seemed this space was home to masses of rabbit, and there also seemed to be a few mink around this parts. Though he couldn't distinguish much from the overcast, the scents and lightly treaded world before him spoke enough as it was. And as long as he had been a lone wolf, he knew how to either ollow the trails, or remain away from them. Obviously he didn't want to get into a wrestle with mink; they had enough ferocity and speed to deter even bears.

Instead, he followed the trail of prints, scents, and droppings across the Tuktu, falling into yet another path of different species. But this scent was much more familiar to him. It was of his own kind. 'Female' was all eh could gather from the sweat of pawpaded prints, and curiousity reared a inquisitive head. The ex-Nightmare moved, silently following the tracks as though he had chosen her for his dinner, instead. But luckily, the rabbit trail was aligned with her's - Were they hunting the same rabbit? The prints of both were fresh, so he assumed they were.

Up ahead a few meters, the haphazard line of bushes and thinner trees overlooked the pass of more grassland and bouldered shrubbery. Chosing to break away from this path and try to hunt rabbit in his own line of aim, the assassin moved a bit more right of the bushes, bringing his onyx body to a standstill as movement in his peripherals caught him. It was large, but mainly blended in with the shrubbery and branches of the bushes it was behind. Certainly no rabbit, but too small to be a bear.
A breeze rewarded him with the knowledge of this being. It was the female.

His small pack consisted mainly of females, as he had come across them in his travels, or they had come across him in his lands. Kai had informed him of the one whom she nursed, the name of the small black wolf being Arrowbella, whereas the other female whom he had found enjoying the Falls was Phex. All three of his girls had unique personalities, and he was grateful they chose to follow him in this treacherous attempt into the unknown. But they had all needed places to stay; this female, though she seemed alone, as of now, bore light traces of other's scents on her hide. It seemed she had either run away, or taken a small walk to hunt for whomever she was with. And thus Cry made his mind up.

She was a competitor for food, and while he would have no problem getting his own, he would have to be more aware around Tuktu for this woman's band of travellers. The breeze told no more of her, and instead blew the whiff of rabbit across the both of them, and slinking further to the right, Cry brought himself close to dens. He was going to dig them up, and see what he could find.
Messages In This Thread
i shall fear no evil - by Addison - November 10, 2018, 02:32 PM
RE: i shall fear no evil - by Cry - November 11, 2018, 11:02 AM
RE: i shall fear no evil - by Addison - November 13, 2018, 12:40 PM
RE: i shall fear no evil - by Cry - November 13, 2018, 01:09 PM
RE: i shall fear no evil - by Addison - November 20, 2018, 11:09 PM
RE: i shall fear no evil - by Cry - December 01, 2018, 12:57 PM
RE: i shall fear no evil - by Addison - December 06, 2018, 10:56 PM
RE: i shall fear no evil - by Cry - December 07, 2018, 06:11 PM