Coconut Grove Midnight driving til my eyes give up
200 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Parivaar territory feature discovery!

With little and less coastal knowledge to go on, Lucas had no way of knowing that the tall, slender palm trees crowded around the coastline here were unusual. He hadn't seen a tree like it before, but assumed they could be found all along the oceanside, so paid them less mind than a more learned wolf might. In summer their fronds would be lush and full, but with cold quickly descending on the Teekons, they were instead looking more brown and serrated. Much like the other trees, which made them uninteresting to the boy as he passed them by on his way down the beach.

What was interesting, though, was the colossal skeleton of some long gone creature. Half buried in the sand, the rib bones clawed up toward the sky in a halfway arc. The ends were eroded and some had simply broken off. Further along the beach were other bones, larger than any Lucas had seen before, and he bent to inspect one of them. It must have been there a very long time, for the the once hard cortical bone was crumbly and pockmarked. They seemed fragile, but also too immense to ever break under any force.

Rocking back on his haunches, the fat young wolf contemplated the creature they might have come from, and never once drew a connection between bones of this size and the enormous creature that had washed up further down the shore a few days past.
Messages In This Thread
Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 19, 2018, 04:54 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 20, 2018, 10:05 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 23, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 23, 2018, 02:43 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 23, 2018, 05:05 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 24, 2018, 03:10 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 25, 2018, 02:12 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 25, 2018, 10:34 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - December 02, 2018, 07:33 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - December 05, 2018, 09:53 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - December 06, 2018, 08:16 PM