Redtail Rise Enter, pursued by a memory.
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He felt Tux gaze at the side of his face, and for a moment he was reluctant to meet his gaze. Swallowing, the young Gona tantatively lifted his head to make eye contact with his cousin and blinked sadly. The other youth's expression was almost blank, his words hollow, but Dacio doubted the pain he felt in Portia's absence would be likely to fade anytime soon. Tux might simply be better practiced in masking his sorrow.

"You could be right," he said, though it pained him to wonder if his own dam had willingly chosen the path of natrona, as Wildfire had. Dacio's jaw tightened, his brow furrowing at the thought of being dubbed the son of a traitor, and was content to pad along their intended path in contemplative silence.

He tried to focus on the chill of his paws to distract him from the anxiety that quickened his heartrate, but the ache of his toes was mild compared to the dull throb in his chest. Dacio had never made a secret of adoring his mother, who'd loved and supported his every decision, so to have her disappear without a trace was torture. "I just... don't know what to think," he added after a short time, huffing through flared nostrils as he looked up at the snow-capped peak before them. "I don't think she'd go without saying something, to someone." But he'd though Dalia and Sequoia would never leave, either. He frowned deeply. Perhaps it would be wiser to trust no one but himself; it always seemed that it was those closest that hurt him most.

Tux didn't have much advice, and so the pair maintained an uncomfortable silence as they continued along their path toward the slopes of Redtail Rise.
"Trigedasleng" "common"
Messages In This Thread
Enter, pursued by a memory. - by Dacio - December 05, 2018, 02:49 PM
RE: Enter, pursued by a memory. - by Tux - December 15, 2018, 02:34 PM
RE: Enter, pursued by a memory. - by Dacio - December 17, 2018, 07:54 AM