Heron Lake Plateau I'm staring down myself, counting up the years
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Kiwi seemed entirely unconcerned about the possibility of their loved ones darkening their doorstep with murderous intent. Somehow, this relaxed the tightly wound Wildfire somewhat. Without saying anything else, she folded onto her haunches beside her daughter, letting out a long sigh. She bent down to nose the crown of the youth's head. She knew she shouldn't simply go by Kiwi's opinion—she was only one wolf, a young one at that—but Wildfire appreciated her almost blasé attitude. Perhaps it was simply because Kiwi's take couldn't have been more different than Artaax's.

It wasn't surprising that brother and sister should differ so much. Thuringwethil had raised Artaax, Blixen and Bobby, whereas Wildfire had raised Bat (sorta), Kiwi, Silkie and Tux. Their upbringings could not have differed more starkly in her mind just then. She sighed again, this time a little angrily. She hadn't left her first litter willingly, whereas their nomi had walked away under her own power, determining the war effort more important than her family. But before these feelings could gain any steam, Wildfire pushed them aside. The past didn't really matter right now, it was the future that needed consideration.

"I love your spirit, Kiwi," Wildfire eventually said, turning a half-smile upon her daughter, "and I hope you never change." A third and resigned sigh emptied from her. "You may be young but you're also wise. I think you're right. I don't think we should let them chase us away, as if we've done something wrong." She paused. "I know you already know this but I still want to say it: deciding to come here, with me? There was nothing wrong with that decision. It's okay to make choices for yourself. I don't want anyone to ever convince you otherwise. I don't want you to ever feel like you must be blindly loyal to me, to a pack, to anyone but yourself. Sometimes, your choices will hurt others. But as long as you're just trying to look after yourself, not hurt anybody just for the sake of it, then you shouldn't feel blame or guilt," she finished, chestnut eyes gazing off into space, speaking to herself as much as to Kiwi.
Messages In This Thread
I'm staring down myself, counting up the years - by Wildfire - December 10, 2018, 12:46 PM
RE: I'm staring down myself, counting up the years - by Wildfire - December 10, 2018, 02:58 PM