Dragoncrest Cliffs i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
During the days following the incident on the beach with Tux, the young Gona had venturing back to the cliffs and instead sought shelter among Drageda's forest. Exhaustion crept into his bones and he tried to rest, but found himself unable. His mother's absence weighed heavily on his mind, the wild weather roused great concern that she could be in very real danger, but this alone was not what kept him from settling. Something else hung over their territory that night - something oppressive.

When the first call rose to alert the pack to trespass, Dacio pulled himself to his paws at once. He swung his head in the direction from which Mallaidh's voice had come and his charcoal ears stood tall atop his silver crown, eager for more information, but only the nearby thrum of thunder sounded. The sterling youth lashed his dark tail in nervous agitation, limbs carrying him swiftly through the redwoods to investigate despite the uncertainty that coursed his veins, before Heda's summons made him veer toward her call instead.

Others had already gathered, and the sterling youth's hackles stood on end as he scanned the darkness for any sign of interlopers as he closed the distance. He'd never faced a real fight before and at only six months of age, he felt horribly inexperienced in the presence of the older wolves around him. This was what he trained for, however, and this was an opportunity to prove his worth of the Drakru name. 

He was afraid, however, and his gut lurched uncomfortably as a flash of lightning briefly revealed the strangers' approach. Dacio's tail flagged straight at his rear and his lip curled back as he fought against the current of his very real fear, and his frosty gaze peered through the rain and the darkness while his anxious heartbeat thrummed violently in his ears.

A flash of movement then, and one darted forward with fangs bared and yellow eyes glowing beneath another pulse of electricity above. The boy snarled, sweeping low as the need to protect Heda suddenly overpowered every fibre of terror in his body, and foolishly rushed forward into the fray toward the masked sea witch with jaws parted and teeth eager to pierce Rusalka hide.
"Trigedasleng" "common"
Messages In This Thread
RE: i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same - by Dacio - December 18, 2018, 03:57 PM