Two Rivers Isle I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Her words clearly flustered him. Despite herself, Wildfire's lips twitched. She hadn't meant to make him feel awkward, though his endearing reaction distracted her from her heartache. She wondered which of the ladies in question might catch his eye and whether any of them would fancy him in return. If she had to choose one, right now, that she thought best suited for Eljay, it would have to be Wraen. Perhaps she talked a bit much for the likes of him though. Hmmm...

Wildfire even managed a single, quiet chuckle in response to Eljay's embarrassed question. "No, of course not. It's really none of my business either. I just..." She trailed off for a moment, face introspective. When she spoke again, her voice was low and slow. "I just lost a child. It's the worst pain I've ever felt. But you know what? I'm glad I took the risk anyway, happy that I got to carry Bat, birth her, raise her... that, when I lost her, we got to be reunited, if only briefly. I'm happy I brought her other brothers and sisters into this world too, even the ones that hate me now." She was getting choked up again now. Oof.

"My point being," she continued after several shaky inhales and exhales, "is that I want you to experience it too. Not the heartbreaks, of course—although they're sort of inevitable—but the wonderful feeling of being a parent. There is no greater honor, no greater joy, than bringing children into this world..." And there she went, sobbing again. "The reward is worth every risk."
Messages In This Thread
I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 12, 2019, 03:46 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 13, 2019, 06:52 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 13, 2019, 09:27 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 14, 2019, 05:40 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 14, 2019, 09:25 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 15, 2019, 10:37 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 15, 2019, 06:10 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 16, 2019, 04:20 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 16, 2019, 09:54 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 16, 2019, 10:50 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 16, 2019, 11:04 AM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 16, 2019, 04:18 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Wildfire - January 16, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: I remember your silhouette on Dyes Inlet - by Eljay - January 17, 2019, 03:23 AM