Swiftcurrent Creek and I am beholden to no gods here.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He closed his eyes tightly as she processed what he had just told her, hearing only a few clipped words from her at first. 

but then Was I so easily replaced?

Her question felt like it literally ripped his heart from his chest--like if he opened his eyes, he would see it lying on the ground at his feet. He wanted to deny it and tell her no one could replace her ever, but what purpose would it serve other than to make it harder for her to leave him like he deserved. Even if he didn't want her to leave, he knew it was for the best. He couldn't leave Myrren alone in this, nor did he want to do that either. He wanted to be here for her, and he also wanted to be with the woman he loved. But, he didn't get to have both, and so he would do what was right and stay here. 

He opened his eyes at her next words, surprised to hear the lack of emotion where there had just been condemnation. Then, he risked a glance at her face, and regretted nothing more; the sight of her tears running down her beautiful cheeks and knowing he had put them there knocked the breath from his lungs. 

When she turned and ran, he had to fight hard against the urge to chase her. But he remained planted at the borders, eyes watching as her form got smaller and smaller before finally disappearing from view. He fell back on his haunches under the weight of his renewed grief, head falling to hang as waves of sorrow rolled though him. He stayed like that for a long time before he finally had the energy to pick himself up to walk from the borders.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Síff - January 28, 2019, 08:39 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by RIP Kavik - January 28, 2019, 10:05 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Alessia - January 28, 2019, 10:09 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Síff - January 28, 2019, 10:14 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by RIP Kavik - January 28, 2019, 11:19 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Síff - January 28, 2019, 11:48 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by RIP Kavik - January 29, 2019, 12:36 AM