Cerulean Cape We turn our headphones all the way up and we press play
200 Posts
Ooc —
As Laurel explained what happened, Lucas stayed quiet, responding only in occasional nods to show he was comprehending. Finding Bearclaw Valley empty was distressing, but now he understood they hadn't had much of a choice. He'd spent the winter with wolves like Govinda and the denizens of Undersea, who had all ensured he stayed well and fed. Their numbers were small too, and if he thought about that long enough he would wonder exactly why his family had to leave the valley, but he got it. Winter was rough and there was safety in numbers.

Oh, he said, hesitating a little when she asked if he needed to say goodbye. Here was Lucas' selfishness on display: up until right now, he hadn't spared any thought for how reuniting with his family might affect his friends. It would have been one thing if they merely visited Bearclaw Valley and his family was well and settled there as they'd been before, but now his family was uprooted, and Laurel expected him to go with them. Of course he would. It was likely that upon seeing them in the valley, Lucas might have abandoned his companions in favour of them... but now it was all but certain.

Uh, yeah, I should say goodbye. D'you think they'll be mad? I'm part of their pack but only kind of. After all, Koi and Currituck meant a lot to him, but he hadn't truly been initiated into Undersea for long before they all left on their adventure. Moorhen meant less but only because he interpreted her directness as rudeness, however wrong he might be about it. One of them knew you, mom! Her name's Moorhen, she said she lived in Bearclaw Valley, she led me there to visit. Maybe you could say hi too! As for heading back to aunt Indra, he bobbed his head. It would be good to see his aunt after all that time apart.
Messages In This Thread