Cerulean Cape We turn our headphones all the way up and we press play
200 Posts
Ooc —
I was in the meadow, dancing, Lucas explained, and some nice wolves approached me. Said they could show me some new dance moves and teach me to be a better singer, too. They said it would only take the night but then it turned into two nights, then five, then a lot more. I didn't know how to get back home, so I stayed with them. They were good to me. He would forever love and miss the troupe, even if what he was explaining sounded very much like kidnapping to anyone else's ears. To naive Lucas, they had just wanted to teach him longer and show him what the world of entertainment had to offer. There was no foul play there as far as he was concerned.

Then there was a big storm and I got separated from them, and met someone named Govinda here by this gigantic salt lake. I stayed with him for a bit, but he had to go, too. Then I went to Undersea where Dancer lives—she said she's Nuna's and Marten's real mom, but said aunt Indra is too. But she was gone when I got there. I met Koi and Moorhen and Currituck and the rest is history! He had never quite understood what Reigi meant by that, but strange family dynamics were just the norm to Lucas, so he didn't often wonder about it either. The news that followed about Wyatt was upsetting. Lucas didn't know it was possible to turn your back on your family, and he didn't know that was a common theme in Laurel and Indra's story, so he replied with just a quiet and contemplative, oh. Maybe one day Wyatt would change his mind.

They were arriving now at the edge of where Lucas' friends were gathered. As expected, @Koi was the first to boisterously greet them, followed by @Currituck and then a more cautious Moorhen. Lucas introduced each of them in turn to his mother, then broke the news that he would be returning to his family. They took it about as well as might be expected—Currituck and Koi were more forgiving, albeit sad, and Moorhen was more harsh about it, as he knew she would be—and eventually he left his Undersea friends behind to leave the coast with his beloved mother.
Messages In This Thread